Sunday, April 8, 2012

Brave And The Bold Volume 1 Issue 84

It's not news that I love comics....I read them I buy them, I collect them.
The very first comic I ever bought was issue 84 from DC Comic's Brave And The Bold.

It was 1969, I was 7 years old and never picked up a comic book in my life. My great grand father took me and my older brother to the corner store one day, and for being "good", I was able to pick out anything in the store that was a dime. My older brother was looking at Amazing Spider-man, issue 74 and asked if he could get it. My great grandfather say that would be fine. I said, "Hey, that 12 cents not a dime." My grandfather said go ahead and one pick out.
I am sure I had my eye on some candy or some other tasty treat, but picked one out that I at least knew who was on the cover, Batman. I had no idea who Sgt. Rock was. There was something about the cover that intrigued me.
I don't know if it was that the corny Batman from the TV series seemed out of his element or that the man in his arms was dead.
Now.... this isn't the same book I had when I was 7, it's from a recent E-Bay purchase,
but every time I look at the cover...
 It's almost like stepping into a time machine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment